Gravel Pit Solar is a proposed 120-megawatt solar energy project in East Windsor, Connecticut. The solar project will deliver affordable, renewable energy to customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island – producing enough clean energy to power over 12,000 homes.
- Significant new tax revenue for the town
- Clean energy generation with zero emissions or pollution
- Designed to minimize any impacts to sensitive areas and wetlands and prevent runoff
- Designed to minimize any sound or visual impacts
The project is consistent with Connecticut’s vision of a clean energy future:
- Gravel Pit Solar will grow Connecticut’s green economy while reducing carbon emissions by replacing energy generated by older, fossil fuel-powered sources
- Gravel Pit Solar will help stabilize energy prices in Connecticut and across New England
The Gravel Pit Solar team is interested in answering questions and addressing any concerns from the community. There will be multiple opportunities for the public to comment on the project and participate in the approval process. You can also .